Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Reflections on Race

Well, the Bucktown 5k. It was a "somewhat" cool morning. I was so prepared!
Or so I thought. I only wore that top. . .

I was burning up in that thing during my run! But, I still managed to run under 11 minutes per mile.
(Hubby's shirt and bib)

(my shirt and bib- note the pink ribbons- for you mom!)
Mom was with us!
Official time- 31:44 (beating out my Chicago Women's 5k time!)
We laughed as we ran the area since this is our neighborhood. I marveled at the neighbors and how they had water, mimosa's, signs of support and just sat on their steps and watched the runners. I grew tired but I only walked for a few seconds before going back to running. I think I may incorporate this into my training. A knowledge of nuggets.



Build endurance! Build knowledge! Learn from each race!

No comments:

Post a Comment