Friday, September 14, 2012

Pre-Race Excitement!

Once again, I am excited. This will make race #5 for this year!
Shamrock Shuffle- March 2012 (1) 8k
Cinco de Miler- May 2012 (2) 8k
Chicago Women's Half Marathon and 5k- June 2012 (3) 5k
Terrapin 5k race and music festival- August 2012 (4)

Now, I am prepping for my last summer race and the beginning of the autumn races. One that is going to be directly on my mother's birthday (note- the Terrapin 5k was a day before my father's birthday.) This race is one I have wanted to run for the past three years and was always scared to. . .The Bucktown 5k. . .
September 16th (5)
I have already paid for the Hot Chocolate race which will be race #7. The Monster Dash in October is the next in line for my money but I think I have a discount code for it. Also, the Santa Dash is in December and if I do that one and the Turkey Trot I will have completed NINE races by the end of 2012. We will see how this will go but back to more immediate info.

Tomorrow, I have to gather up some pink ribbons to put on our shirts for Breast Cancer Awareness. Since mom died of breast cancer and the charity for this is Gilda's Door (cancer charity) we are running this for mom since she is not here to cheer us on.

This race is for you mom! We love you and miss you!






No comments:

Post a Comment