I found this about two months ago on pinterest from DomesticMama's Blog. Here is her website, she is like super mom and super wife: http://thedomesticmama.com/
So, we all know that I created this website to see the highs and lows of my little running and racing career for this year. You also know I have not been posting much since I have gotten a little lazy. After last weekend, I went on a trip with friends to Wisconsin Dells and I was the only one with a one piece.
(instagram photo)
I look homely as opposed to the three lovelies that surrounded me. I then got an e-mail from the Chicago Women's Half Marathon and 5k with pictures of me approaching the finish line. Now, these pictures never come out good for me. I have to stop and make a crazy yet funny pose just so I can have some control because they take the picture of me in those races and I seriously look in pain. I look like the big girl who just decided last minute that I am going to run this race. Plus, we all know I am not too keen on Summer races but I did them to make a point and BGR! makes signing up for races addictive. My kingdom for some running races right? Well, those pictures made me look like someone split the photo. On the top, I was lean and fit. On the bottom- thick gal. I notice it when I do yoga in the studios in Lincoln Park and Bucktown as I seem to be the thickest. When lying on our stomachs I can not lie my arms flat because of my large breasts. I am self conscious about things that are honestly considered gifts. I did not look fat when running. . . I really look like a runner with large breasts and a huge, shelf-worthy, bottom. My stomach is not the problem (anymore) so what is a girl to do?
I honestly took a good look at my hips, thighs and rear. I actually would like dancer legs as opposed to clydesdale horse legs. My rear is actually lifted and I notice when I am not on my squats it looks a little kicked in. When I am in squat and lunge mode, my rear is lifted and sculpted. I begin to look at myself in the mirror more with just panties on and am pleased. So, September I have been working on planks for anywhere from 30-40 seconds every morning before breakfast which has been helping. I am noticing my flatter stomach. I am getting ready for the Bucktown 5k but I am thinking I want to do the Monster Dash in October so I have to get not only runner ready but costume ready which is a challenge all in itself. So, here is one of the trainning sessions that will be interviewed.
found on pinterest- of course
The thing is, I need something quick since my mornings will be filled with running. September will be the last month that I will have to do three mile runs unless I am running in a group. I have to go four and eventually five miles. I also found a workout to do for four weeks in the magazine Oxygen (Feb 2012) It encourages circuit trainning. So, if I don't use some of these. . . I can def add them in my Sculpt class! I have one person who comes in so I want to give her her money's worth.
Oh yeah, I am currently working in a Rehabilitation facility for pre and post orthopedic surgery. So, lets see how this will pan out. Will I have the motivation to go the distance? Or will I just cash in that groupon to Core Power Yoga and get back into Yoga Sculpt after work? Only time will tell. . .
Embrace the workout to embrace running.



No comments:
Post a Comment