Friday, August 24, 2012

Sun versus Shade

This morning I had enough of sleeping in only to be tired and I am pretty sure that a cold was getting ready to head my way.

I wasn't going to run but I got up pretty early. This was supposed to be my day to sleep in since I am helping my sister-in-law get ready for her wedding tomorrow. Since I haven't ran since last week Wednesday I figured today would be a good day. Also, I am still thinking about a half marathon especially if I can run a 10k for the North Shore Turkey Trot. (My new tradition for thanksgiving since I am a vegetarian and Turkey is not on my menu and Tofurky seems to be nasty when I cooked it. Eww!)

With a reported 81 degrees this morning during my run I have noticed another thing. I tend to run slower and  tire faster when it is warmer and sunnier in the summer. During the winter and spring months, I run faster even during the radiance of the sun. I am not sure if anyone else notices this in their run but when it gets hot out, I tend to run faster and more efficient in the shade than the sun. The sun seems to make it warmer and weighs on me but now I know this I know what to avoid in the winter- shade. Since it will be colder I might want to see about some sunny running places so I can keep going and have the sun smile upon me. Shade tends to be windier and colder in the winter. Well, lesson learned. . .for now. Let's see if I remember that.

Morning Run Stats

Distance: 3.15 miles
Time: 37:28
Average min/mile: 11:53
Calories: 403

Run Play List

Walking On a Dream- Empire of the Sun
My Life- Robin Thicke
Pass That Dutch- Missy Elliott
Hot Boyz- Missy Elliott
Get UR Freak On- Missy Elliott
I Like It- Enrique Iglesias feat. Pitbull
Get Right- Jennifer Lopez
Do It Well- Jennifer Lopez
Wasted- Gucci Mane feat. Plies
I Am Woman- Jordin Sparks
Part of Me ( Jaques Lu Cont's Thin White Duke Mix)- Katy Perry

Get in the running when you think you can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment