photo was taken by security who thought I was attractive
Regardless, I still had fun but I believe that I would have had more fun if I did not go alone. I did with prior races and I did not have an issue but something about enjoying countless bands while enjoying beer and random pot smoker snacks like donuts and quesadillas got me thinking about doing this when I was younger and well. . . dumb. I think I would have enjoyed it more but then there were tons of people in their 50's and 60's who were jammin out and I think many of them were high.
Night runs are not bad though. You are fully awake when you run and you can sleep in. There are the plus sides of it. The route itself was beautiful. . .
Mile 2.5
Would I do this race next year? I would if I had a crew of cool running folks. No one in my group BGR did this race. It was me alone.
This morning, I did sign up for the Bucktown 5k- this will make race #5. This race will be an interesting one because it would be the first neighborhood race. Two, because the route will go past our apartment. Three, it lies on my mother's 65th birthday. So, this is a going to be a pretty special race. Both hubby and I will be running this one so I have to heal from my muscle strain and get to training so I can catch up with those long legs.
have a rockin weekend!





No comments:
Post a Comment