Today's run was the second run since the injury and only because I got a case of the sniffles. Currently, after my run what ever time it is I have to seriously blow my nose but I am feeling better and that is another thing I love about running. . . it will cure what ails ya! Not to mention in the winter when I run it really does keep the colds away. Today I ran a total of 2.33 miles which is becoming a shorter run since I was working up to 3 miles or more before the piriformis injury. Since the last race, I have also signed up for another race- Bucktown 5k and I am looking into signing up for the last three races and a walk for the year- The Hot Chocolate 5k, the Monster Dash 5k, the North Shore Turkey Trot 10k and the PAWS 4k walk (may be do the 8k run? Hmmmmm) but the cost are adding up heavily and I am not sure I can keep up with the costs. Not to mention that I think I am overdue for some running shoes and the ones I want are $115. I would have either have to use the credit card and I am swearing not to use or steal some money out of our joint piggy bank account which I am not too keen on. I have already applied for a groupon deal for my favorite yoga studio for Yoga Sculpt which does wonders for my endurance in races. What to do?
So, I am going to write a letter to RAM racing to see if I can apply for some type of discount. The Bucktown 5k makes race number three from the RAM racing group and the Hot Chocolate and North Shore Turkey Trot when registered will make five- five races that I have signed up for and run with them there should be a discount out there. As far as the PAWS walk, I have decided to walk to their main office (really, it is not that far from where I live) and see about some deal we can make out. Plus, I want to borrow a poochie to walk during the event. If I can not find one, I may have to run it. We shall see how I can cut down the costs but next year. . . I am looking into a charity to sponsor me.
Morning Run List
"My Life" Robin Thicke
"Walking On A Dream" Empire of the Sun
"Superstitious" Stevie Wonder
"Teeth" Lady Gaga
"Before" Atjazz feat Clara Hill
"Blow" Ke$ha
"Work Out" J. Cole
Time: 25:57
Distance: 2.33 miles
Average min/mile: 11:07
Calories: 319
Have an inspiring workout!
No comments:
Post a Comment