Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Chinese Laundry for New Balance

So, I have not been running at all. The reason for this: when I ran in my Reebok shoes, I would be sore in my feet and legs for about a week. My last running shoes gave me headaches and misaligned my spine to where I would need some really good chiropractic adjustments. I wanted to get $115 pair of shoes (the prefered pair from the store I had my feet fitted for) but I am so funny about my training that I decided to go from the bottom up. I went to Kohl's and spent $54 (with tax) for a pair of New Balance all terrain shoes.


I think about ten years ago and my preference for shoes have changed. Matter of fact, five years ago my preference has changed. I used to buy workout shoes because they were the cheapest thing in my fave stores like DSW or even when I graced the Maxxinista stores of TJ Maxx and Marshall's.

 Now, I am more into looking into running shoes. I want shoes that are light, flexible and airy on my feet and fit like a glove except in the toes.

Apparently, when I got fitted for running shoes I can go for shoes that you would normally get from the basic stores and my running gait is pretty good so purchasing shoes for comfort work the best. They said I had a little excess pronation but it was because of the treadmill. I tend to over pronate on the treadmill because it is a belt instead of you moving over the ground.

Wish me luck on my nice, non-expensive running shoes. May they have good wear on them.

God "run" speed

No comments:

Post a Comment