Thursday, November 8, 2012

Hot Chocolate- Race #7

So, thus far I have completed seven races!
This has to be the "sweetest"!
This is also the race where I learned the most. I learned that RAM racing is not the best on organizing large races. 

I learned to talk to myself to "tough it out" when I think I am going to stop running when I can still hang in there longer. I learned that when you are cold and running you will get warm soon enough. DON'T remove your gloves- the hands will freeze while the rest of the body is still hot. I also learned that running with about three layers should do it- not four shirts, a tank top, a long sleeve shirt, a sweat shirt and a puffy vest makes you not want to run. Drink water- the gatorade will run out. Breathe but not as you would with summer running. Mouth closed unless you want a big heaping serving of cold air because that tends to make you cough.


I got a finisher mug but the words are already running together and it has been washed once.

Race #8 has already been determined. . . The Santa Hustle 5k- December 1st. After the Santa Hustle there are some decisions to be made- should I do an 8k to make nine races or do I just ignore that and sign up for the Polar Dash which is in January and have a great holiday? I have already signed up for a virtual 11.6K for Obama so I will receive my first ever bling. It will also be my longest race to date. December will also be a time for crafts as I will make a collage for all my bibs for this year. My race goal for this year is really coming to an end. 

Being tired and sore is temporary. Saying you did this is FOREVER! Keep running!



No comments:

Post a Comment