Friday, November 9, 2012

Moon Cycle Running


"Moon Cycle" is a neat term I learned for menstrual cycle without all the menses into it. Menstrual cycles were known a long time ago to be in sync with the cycles of the moon. Here is the reason for the post. . .
For years, I dealt with dysmenorrhea which is a disorder filled with not knowing when my cycle was, extremely painful cramps and extreme bleeding. Once I became a vegetarian, my cramps went away and I my moon cycle regulated itself. I still have the heavy bleeding but it has dramatically decreased. But, this still makes me a little sensitive when going for a run or in a room with 25 people sprawled out in three-legged downward facing dog.


I have consulted with the internet about working out, running or yoga during my cycle and they all say the same time: it is okay. Actually these articles encourage working out while on your moon cycle Some people choose not too while others still work out but to their tolerance. I think I will listen to the experts and not let this affect me. Hopefully, I will report back on my exercise while experiencing my moon cycle.

So, here are some articles about it.





No comments:

Post a Comment