Monday, July 6, 2020

Sing Along Song- Tips in Beginning Runs to Help Endurance


How the *beep* do you keep up with this? You are tired, cranky, and everything in your body hurts. You sleep longer and deeper. You want to give up so badly!

CONGRATULATIONS!

You are doing it right! The first two to three weeks are TERRIBLE!!! I can remember when I began the last time to run and I posted on Facebook how I hate running. I hated running for a while. I hate running now. I wonder if I hate it worse because I have to get up extra early to get up and run.

So, there are two moms that I know that are killing it in running. One has three kids and a husband that is out of the country. Another mom has two energetic boys. They are in running groups and get their running in daily.

Currently, I am not on a particular running schedule. Sunday was supposed to be my rest day and I ended up going for almost 2 miles. When I say almost 2 miles I do not mean I ran the entire thing. Let me put up that running schedule again:
I may not have posted this schedule but I did post the women's health magazine link in the prior entry

I did run Sunday based on week 1, Wednesday's schedule for three songs. I eventually stopped it and ran during a verse and a chorus on the third song. I was pretty tired afterward so I went for a juice extraction which gives me an energy boost.

If you are going to build endurance, this is the best time if you live in the northern hemisphere. I used to describe the summer running months as the endurance season. The sun is out longer and the warmth can be something to endure. The heat can weigh on someone and can be hard even for the toughest runner. If you can run for a mile without stopping in humid heat with the sun on your head and back, that is endurance!

Run in the morning. You should have that run completed before 7 or 8AM.

The best time to get started is NOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment