Thursday, July 2, 2020

Seven Years Later. . .New Beginning

This girl right here- was a BEAST!! I had to get that shot right at the finish line. I ran with a limp, in the ice. . .
I knew the tips of the trade. Then, I got pregnant and did races here and there
Then, I got pregnant . . . Again!
Bigger and uncomfortable, I could barely walk let alone run anywhere. So, I had the baby and struggled to do. . . well, anything.
I still made an attempt to run even though I never trained and THAT is a problem.
Fast forward to 2020- WE ARE IN THE MIDDLE OF A PANDEMIC!!!! So, I should run right? Nope, must work and care for the family. Occasionally, I run with the boy but my second born child is slow, sluggish and a toddler. She insists on running on her own. What is a mama to do? Begin running once again.

Wait, where do I start?
I have already done two days worth of walking. Let me go back to the basics.

1. A training program
Sounds like a plan

2. Regular time to run
So far, I have devised 6AM but I may make it earlier. This morning, I ran with the boy and really we just walked over to Starbucks and got some goodies.

3. Get your music together
  Bollywood was my go-two day one. Day two was my son talking. 

4. Add some training in the mix
  This may be the easier part. As I lacked on running, I tried to add weight training anywhere I possibly could. I am usually in the kitchen doing donkey kicks, plank poses for 80 seconds. In the laundry room, I am doing donkey kicks, squat jumps, burpees, and light yoga. At the job, I would run up the stairs, and since we were on the 5th floor and the elevator was always out I had some inspiration.

Now, the gear I will wait on. I just got an iPhone in May since I was a die-hard Android person it is hard to get this together. They have payment plans for air pods. I think Skullcandy is a pretty good headset to go by. I also lost my armbands that hold my phone in place so I will be looking for more items. My current goal is to be able to build up endurance because I am only running at 2 street blocks and it is not huffing and puffing- it is thigh burn. What is that? I am older- I am 40 years old and two kids to look after. This is going to be a lot of work! What are your blockers and how are you getting around it?

Welcome to the new beginning!

Here are my links for some training sites as I am going to make this happen!

From Women's Health Magazine ( Hey, this has a 4-week guide- This may be my go-to!)

No comments:

Post a Comment