Sunday, February 6, 2022

Keep Trying! Let's Begin Again!

Long time no see! If you are following my other blog, Eclectic Lotus, you know I am rarely on that one either. So, here we are with another attempt at running. Last year, we moved to the suburbs and I began my run journey again. But, there was a huge problem. . .  MY SHOES!!!

Check the Brooks shoes
That photo was taken in 2019 I believe. I was wearing THE. SAME. SHOES to train in. That was the problem. And I should know better! Life allows your feet to change shape. I have ran several races, birthed out two babies and who knows what else my body was fighting. ( I had the flu in 2018- oooh, it was nasty! I do not recommend the Flurona if it is out there.) I tried again in 2020 to run but with living in a neighborhood that became a little rich came to the protests and just not being safe to go out and run. I don't know if they shut down the 606 but I was not about to check it out. We moved to the suburbs which posed a new problem from the Chi- small, rolling hills! If you are a runner in the city of Chicago or you have run a Chicago race, you know the land is absolutely flat. I used to attempt running in my youth back home where there were more hills. So, I had to readjust. But, my hips kept getting misaligned and I had foot, knee, hip, and low back problems. Finally, I noticed it. MY SHOES!! They were the same old shoes I was trying with and they were pushing my feet and strangling them. So begun the cascade of compensation from the abuse of my poor feet. So, I stopped running until I could get better shoes. I began walking on the treadmill at work. . .
Still trying my best to stay in, somewhat, shape until the time came when I was to buy some new shoes. Well, that time came yesterday. . .


I got my feet measured. The process is slightly different from 10 years ago but much more efficient. They have the information measured down to the exact shoe measurement which I found out all those years of running, being pregnant, birthing babies, working, caring for the house, yoga, spin classes, gardening, heels, flats, etc. made one foot larger than the other. After three try on's with shoes
My Hoka Babies



They feel like a cloud or at least some marshmellows around my feet. I have just purchased some yak tracks in order to run in the snow so. . . 

Here. 
We.
Go. 
...



No comments:

Post a Comment