This morning, I was determined to get up, throw on my clothes and run 3 + miles. I didn't. I avoided the group run last Saturday. I avoided the BGR NYE run that had 60+ women there. I have not ran since my birthday (December 22) which it was pretty cold but about 19 degrees. Why is this? I fear running in weather below 24 degrees.
As a runner, I must avoid running in cotton but I really want to run in cotton because it is comfortable and warming in my mind. I feel like the other clothes that my husband and I purchased around the holidays will not keep me warm. But that is not the point. The point to to get warm.
The last run I did, I kept complaining about how cold I was and how my hands hurt from the chill. It was 19 degrees so below my personal temperature. By the time I got to 1.5 miles I was no longer complaining about my hands being cold in my gloves. I wish this was the only complaint about winter running.
I am considering going to Fleet Feet and get my hands on some Yak Tracks because I am so fearful of slipping and falling on my bum.
Layers and layers added on to dressing, ice and cold keep me away but I did sign up for a 6 mile run on the 12th of this month. What is a gal to do? Stay tuned. . .
No comments:
Post a Comment