Wednesday, January 9, 2013

The Year of Bling- 2013

I have declared 2013 as the year of the Bling. I have already run ONE virtual race since this year has begun. . .
New Years 5k- I was pretty slow but my excuse is I was in a group run.
I have been a little more active in BGR from December to now as I am a group leader which means we plan group runs in our area and "leave no woman behind" which helps me because every time I try to run slow I hurt myself. It does help to slow down and encourage someone who is just starting out to push herself beyond her limits. I believe I am pushing myself beyond my limits since I am getting more keen on winter running and may be that is because there has not been much snow lately but I am planning on purchasing some gear for my shoes to prevent slippage.

This weekend is the famed Chicago Polar Dash. I signed up for the 10k which is the most I have done in a non-virtual race. (remember the Obama 11.6k- I think I did 8 miles and boy was I sore!)



Home exercises- I have been getting more into that and also still obtaining my hot yoga in which I have been improving as I am almost at the point of some head stands. Pilates was done for the first time in two years and I did some light sweating but I was keeping up shocking. Pilates is one of those things where I stop and then I have to get back in the flow of it so I think I am going to give yoga credit for this. I think at this point I may be ready to get back into yoga sculpt as some of my fave teachers and my training teachers are leaving for California. January and February will be all about sculpt. This week I have been challenging myself to eat a salad a day. Thus far, I noticed that my stomach has went down greatly and I have more energy in the day but it is hard to wake up in the morning.

2012-Bibs and medal
If 2012 was the year to see how many races I could do then 2013 will be the year of the bling. More distances, faster times, more medals- as I see thus far. I have to beat myself from last year which may be a bit difficult because I got pretty fast there. The Shamrock Shuffle is the first step- 1:14 in 2011 and 56 minutes in 2012. What is 2013 Shuffle going to be like? Not sure but if I feel good during and after Pilates and not running with the "turtles" in a group run I think it will be GREAT!

love the run in 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment